Sunday, September 1, 2013

Unit 5

Both of these exercises were very calming and easy for me to relax with. I really enjoyed the controlled breathing and the relaxation feeling from them. It had me relaxed. The loving kindness exercise was a little bit emotional for me I felt all of the love and kindness but when I thought of someone in pain, it was hard for me to handle. I recently became an emotional person since by best friends moved away 2 years ago. It made me realize I don’t take any moment for granted. I did really like the subtle mind exercises. I had a calming feeling over me. I was able to freely let thoughts just flow in and out. I love expressing my feelings.
Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal life.

I have read that our mind, body, and spirit are all connected and that we must balance them in order to achieve wellness. Wellness is super important. Living a healthy and including wellness in my life has helped me be successful. I have been meditating and I do yoga at least four times a week.


3 comments:

  1. When I try and concentrate on one thing my mind always wonders onto other things and then I tend to forgot what I was originally thinking about. I do this all the time. I think If I try and concentrate more and keep doing these exercises I may be able to control this a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney,

    The mind body and spirit are definitely related. Do you think you have inner peace? I find that having inner peace helps you to generally be a happier person. Did you know that 85% of diseases are related to stress? I love being happy. I love waking up every morning and not having to worry about stress. How about you? =)
    Hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittney,

    Great post this week, it is so true that our minds, body, and spirit all need to be connected. As we are able to achieve this in our life it will only lead to one being happier in their daily lives.

    John

    ReplyDelete