Sunday, September 8, 2013

Unit 6

UNIT 6
The integral assessment asked us to close our eyes and for a minute or two rest into the natural ease of our mind and body. It then asked us to repeat one certain phrase.
What does Dacher say? He says this mini practice will be helpful in expanding our hearts and minds and it will serve as an antidote to hatred and anger (Dacher, 2006).
I felt calm, and at ease after this exercise. I could feel all the positive feelings after all the exercises.
They were (are) psycho-spiritual flourishing and biological flourishing.  I really don't take time to focus on myself much. I have recently started to take time to do something for myself every week. I am practicing mediation every day like I want to, I have recently started to keep track of my intake of food and my workouts. I have lost about 5-7 pounds in the last 12 days. As I am a personal trainer I need to these so I practice what I say I do myself.

 I am going to focus more on time management and setting more time aside for myself. I feel better when I work out and eat healthy. I just have a better energy and other all good mood. I would rather eat right as I didn’t when I was little and had to eat sweets all the time. I tend to only want them when I crave them which isn’t much, maybe three times a month.

Dacher, E. (2006). Integral health; the path to human flourishing. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment