Saturday, September 21, 2013

UNIT 8

I have incorporated meditation into my day. I start my day with meditation and them I go for my morning workout/run the combination of doing these two actions sets my day up for success. I make sure to get my workout in every day. It helps me overall. As I am exercising both my mind and my body, it helps both. I walk in different places everyday it makes my mind think and I can interact with other things like nature and think about my life. While I still have a long way to go on my path to true flourishing I believe these steps are helping me become a more whole person. I’m not fully committed to everyday meditation but at least 4-5 days a week and it helps.

4 comments:

  1. Brittney,

    I'm so glad for you that you get in the meditation in while working out. That's something I am looking forward to right about now. But, I also try my best to get my meditation in when I can. They truly help with everyday issues and tasks. For me they help keep my days positive and reassuring myself that I am me and nobody else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney,
    I too have incorporated meditation into my day. I always wanted to but never really got around to it until this class. Now that I have started, I will be learning some new exercises to do. I already have some books. I even have books on Tai Chi and different breathing relaxation techniques.
    I don't meditate every day either, but I am definitely going to start. My husband's father does it every single day and says if he misses a day, his whole day is messed up.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittney,

    I have incorporated meditation into my life. I can only meditate, when I home alone, because if I am not alone then I am not bale to relax and I get interrupted every five minutes. Meditating has been so good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's interesting that you find it helpful to meditate before you work out. I do so after my work out each morning. Whatever works for each person as long as we receive the benefits :) I just have to make sure it's done in the morning because the house is quiet as everyone else is still asleep.

    ReplyDelete